Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sonoran Desert

The girls are in the beginning phases of studying the Sonoran Desert. Being that we call the desert home, I decided to take the girls on a hike/walk to take pictures of the desert plants.  The walk was beautiful with the desert in full bloom.  We are making two books with our pictures. Sadie is doing a nonfiction on cactus and Trinity opted to do a story book with her pink snake as the star. Allowing them to take their own pictures added to their fun. 
Sadie and I had fun researching to identify cactus and learn facts to add to her book.  I think I learned just as much as she did! I'm thinking tomorrow we might have to try Prickly Pear jelly and make a cactus garden.
The cover
Sample page..this one is her favorite.

~ DeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment