Friday, October 8, 2010

Adoption Day

The day I've waited over 20 years for finally arrived! The day went smoothly. Everyone was dressed, hair curled and happy! We were greeted by our attorney, who guided us through the final aspect of our journey. I'm so appreciative of our attorney's role in our lives. He was the girls GAL/attorney and clearly saw the reality of the situation, moving to severance even when CPS was willing to provide more time to the parents.

Court it self was quick and uneventful .Lexi talked over the judge the entire time, being 3 you can get away with that. The girls on the way home, had a bit of sibling rivalry. Trinity not full understanding that Sadie is now her sister, no longer just her BFF. I admit, I had a twinge of buyers remorse or that feeling of what did I do?  The normalcy of sibling rivalry quickly gave way to laughter and imaginary play and joy filled my heart that we are a family now. The girls wanted to celebrate at their favorite park followed by a favorite rare treat, McD's of all places. By noon we were back at school. Where Sadie proudly asked that her teacher change her name tag to reflect her new name.   In the evening we had our first family birthday cake or I should say cupcakes with a candle for each of.  The big event, was now the girls could finally sleep in my room. Such simple requests that meant so much to 3 little girls as we welcomed them into our family for time and all eternity.

People are often worried about adopting from the foster care system. I have to say, we have no complaints about the professionals we where blessed to have met. Ok, honestly a few parent aides could use some training, but the real players were gracious and professional.  It has been a wonderful journey. I have always adored these wonderful girls, but with the finalization of our adoption, my heart has been able to fully embrace and love them like my daughters they were Godly planned to be.


4 of my 6 jellybeans

Moments after we became a family!
 A life time of love begins :)

1 comment:

  1. I love these photos and I am so happy for you!!! Congrats!! xoxox Lis

    ReplyDelete