Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blind Sided

Last weekend, Teagan and I, went on our date night.  I needed to run into Petco for a leash. While we were their we looked at the critters. Teagan remembered how she had wanted a guinne pig. Thinking this will be a great opportunity to avoid the critter and teach Teagan a financial lesson.  Instead of saying "No" I suggested she price all the the things she would need to really bring her new friend home. My thought was she'll want something else before she gets to her goal, but if she did, I could live with a guinne pig.  

While she is pricing an employee asks if we need help. Nope just pricing to see what she needs to save. The employee then comes back with a cart and on the cart are two guinne pigs who were relinquished for adoption, cage and all the basic items $50.00! Teagan had that in her wallet! She was thrilled, and I was in shock..as we walked out with our leash and new friends.

It has only been a week, but I love these little critters. They are so loving.  Its been fun but the lesson in responsibility, the added bonus of sharing, helping one another as been priceless. ~ DeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment