Thursday, November 24, 2011

Love Our Christmas Tree




Thanksgiving was yummy and fell so nicely into place another thing I was thankful for. After the turkey is goobled it is time to decorate our Christmas tree.  I enjoyed the jellybeans ravaging the boxes and squeeling with delight if they discovered an ornament they made yrs ago, or had a picture of them on it. I  remember long ago, when I was planning on decorating my first christmas tree. That would have most likely been a peachy southwest with howling coyotes or maybe sunflowers. My mom gave me wonderful advice "Don't make it a theme tree when you have children their homemade gifts won't fit the theme."  I love the eclectic  tree we have,  many memories tied to a majority of our ornaments. It is almost a gift in itself each year as we open the boxes and remember all we have been blessed with.   Mom's really do know what they are talking about! Thanks Mom!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment