Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hidden Benefits

I just returned home from a conference in Houston, as part of my position as the district liaison to ensure the education of homeless youth. When the conference was approaching, I was dreading it.

When I arrived to the hotel, I was given a basic room key. I go to the elevator to ride up to the 23rd floor. The button doesn't work, I push and push, ride up and down, try a new elevator and really wish the people socializing would move so I wouldn't be so embarrassed. Just as I was about to give in...I noticed a slot in the elevator to put my key if I was riding to the club floor, so I try it, whats a club floor? It works! This exclusive floor was full of treats and benefits. I enjoyed sharing the benefits of my "club floor" with my other AZ counterparts and in return made great friends.

The conference was informative, the scholarship ceremony were homeless youth shared their stories, left tears in my eyes and my heart inspired. The conference kept us so busy, I didn't even get to step into the Galleria which was next door. I did get to see Walgreen's to pick up a few souvenirs for the kids. :)

I returned home to hugs, smiles and pictures saying I luv you mommy. Time away here and there proved good for my spirit benefiting my family not crippling it. I'm so thankful for my many blessings. Thank you Mom and Teagan for taking such good care of my jellybeans!

~ DeAnn

P.S At the airport, I picked up astronaut food, for the kids and I to try. I choose an ice cream sandwich, it looked like an ice cream sandwich. It was a good laugh to watch each child make the yuck face. I wish I had thought to have the camera ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment