Saturday, September 11, 2010

Laundry

I've been enjoying the Mom's postings on their homes and am going to try to link up on the
dirty talk of laundry!   At our home, I typically do most of the laundry on Saturday and one maybe two other loads during the week.   I actually like doing the laundry, hate putting it away.  We have laundry baskets in the shared bathrooms and Teagan has one in her bedroom as her bedroom is downstairs and that bathroom is way to small.

We sort the laundry upstairs in the master room. That way its out of sight if
we have guest. I bring it down one basket at a time as needed.

This would be why we sort upstairs, its really not a laundry room but a walk way.
The worlds most expensive laundry table! We've folded more laundry on the pool table then we've played pool.
I fold and sort into piles by who it belongs too and what type of clothing, to make putting away easier.

Each room has a basket and the kids take up their laundry and put it away.

To save money and time I hang out much of the laundry. I made a homemade clothes line out down the side of the house and just bought a drying rack, that I'm using outside,  after being inspired by some of the other blogs on the block! We also make our own laundry detergent.

1 comment:

  1. The "table" may be expensive but it is definately a nice size folding area! ;-)

    We make our own laundry soap, too and hang outside often which helps save money and time. Thanks for the tour of your laundry areas.

    Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete