Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cake Pops and Random Thoughts

Saturday was so much fun! I definately need more days like that!
The girls and I swam all afternoon a good 5 hours, watched movies, swam again under the crescent moon and made cake pops! I even was able to sneak out on my own and do a little hunting for my new dish collection. It was just a carefree day.
Here is our first attempt at the cake pop blitz that has hit the nation:


The kids had a great time making them and eating them. This is all that was left before I got my camera out!  We didn't have the cute formal lolli-pop sticks, but we did have some craft sticks..it worked for our family fun! I'm not a cake lover, so I could very easily pass on this dessert.  I heard no complaints from 6 jellybeans as they gobbled them up! 

Haven't made yours yet?  There are some simple youtube videos on how to create this new dessert craze.  Basically:  Make a cake and let it cool. Break your cake into pieces and mix with icing, it should be the consistency of playdough. Shape, into balls and let cool and firm in the freezer.  Melt some chocolate when your pops are cool. Dip the sticks into the chocolate so the pops don't fall off, then dip your cake pops and add sprinkles..it really is that simple! 


Last night, Chloe, tucked Teagan in with Chloe's favorite dog! Priceless!

I think I'm all sunned out, so we are hanging out, and going through things! No one is dressed and its after 2pm!! It feels good in its own right. Maybe with less and more organization...we can  have more "Saturdays" everyday! I hope so!

~ DeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment