Sunday, July 31, 2011

Old Fashioned Glass

I saw this cute idea on another blog taken from Martha Stewart. Unlike our stepping stones, this one was a success! I used blue green as it reminded me of sea glass, but you could experiment with any color that works for your home.


You need various saved clear jars.

Mix regular school glue and your favorite color, food coloring.
1 tablespoon glue
1 teaspoon water
drops of food coloring
stir


Have the kids paint the outside of the jars


Don't worry if it looks like this


The glass dries clear
I think they turned out sweet and make an interesting grouping together filled with flower stems. I added the remainder of our stepping stone gems to the bottoms and look forward to adding flowers. Let me know if you try this!

Have fun~ DeAnn


No comments:

Post a Comment